Position: Senior Benefits Administrator
Under the direction of the Benefits & Wellness Manager, the Senior Benefits Administrator will perform a variety of duties involved in the coordination, procurement, and implementation of the KHS employee benefit programs and the development, implementation, and administration of the KHS Wellness program.
Senior Benefits Administrator will serve as a resource for KHS employees in the area of benefits, assist in coordination, processing, and resolution of issues. Assist manager on daily tasks.
- Provide shared responsibility with Benefits Manager on Employee Benefits orientation, Open Enrollment, and completion of Employee enrollments.
- Effectively communicate with employees in a timely manner to respond to correspondence for employee benefits related issues and concerns.
- Establish and maintain files and records pertaining to the benefits participation. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Assist with the initial Worker’s Compensation documentation and submission of claims.
- Provide shared responsibility with HR Team when needed.
- Assist Benefits Manager with Safety Rewards tracking, monthly safety topics and facility monthly walkthroughs.
- Assist with Wellness Program, Benefit Fair, and Wellness Fair.
- Coordinates employee benefit payroll changes when necessary and maintains back-up documentation
- Generate, maintain, and update departmental reports as needed
- Generates/types correspondences such as letters, memoranda, reports, etc. in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums, and plan administration
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships, and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package.
- Distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions. Provide benefit training and support to employees.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources, Business Management or Accounting; and a minimum of two (2) years progressive experience in the administration, development and implementation of benefit programs including wellness program administration required. Applicable experience within the healthcare industry is preferred.
Six (6) years progressive experience in the administration, development and implementation of benefit programs including wellness program administration required. Applicable experience within the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in an interrupt-driven environment and complete projects on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates ability to respect and maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive documents, records, discussions, and other information generated in connection with activities conducted in, or related to, employee information and make no disclosure of such information except to the HR Manager in the conduct of business.
- Strong attention to detail; work accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed; Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers’ compensation, and Medicare.
- Maintain effective working relationships, demonstrated competence in customer service skills and professional telephone demeanor; present oneself professionally.
- Compliant with KHS policies and procedures; performs the job safely and with respect to others, property, and to individual safety
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Human Resources computerized information systems and databases, preferably a relational database (i.e. ATS, HRIS); Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with SmartSheet
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Possess a valid California Driver License, proof of valid vehicle insurance.
- Up to 5% driving required
To apply, please visit our careers page at kernhealthsystems.com