Better Together: SHRM Membership and Chapter Membership are the Perfect Combination
Q: Can membership in a local chapter help me?
A: Absolutely! By joining a local SHRM-affiliated chapter, you will gain access to:
- Create a network with the HR professionals and companies in your community.
- Tap into the knowledge of your peers to gain insight on how other local organizations handle various human resource situations, procedures, policies, etc.
- Learn about career advancement opportunities you may not otherwise know about.
- Take advantage of local professional development learning opportunities that support SHRM’s competency model, throughout every step of your career.
- Discover up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Leadership skills development opportunities include taking on a volunteer leadership role in your local chapter.
- You will have the opportunity to earn professional development credits (PDCs) for attending chapter programming approved for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.