Kern County Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) strives to develop human resource professionals within the regional business community by providing essential knowledge and education; facilitating opportunities for personal interaction; and serving as liaison and advocate to other regional, state and national entities.
Consistent with Kern County SHRM’s commitment to our members, education, and the community, the organization is proud to award scholarships to members who have the desire to advance their Human Resources knowledge.
Scholarships will be awarded, based on available funding, to selected applicant(s) which meet the following criteria:
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
- Applicant must be a member of Kern County SHRM
- Have or will be enrolled in a HR certification course, directly related HR program, or registered to take a HR certification exam
- Scholarship(s) may be awarded at the discretion of the Kern County SHRM board
- Application must be completed in full, with all supporting documentation attached at time of submission
- All criteria are subject to consideration upon review and verification by the Kern County SHRM Scholarship Committee, which consists of an annually selected group of members of the Kern County SHRM board
- Kern County SHRM reserves the right to deny any candidate at its discretion
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE SPRING, MARCH 31ST OR FALL, OCTOBER 31ST DEADLINES
Submit your application by email to KERNCOUNTYSHRM@GMAIL.COM or mail to:
KERN COUNTY SHRM
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P. O. Box 2802
Bakersfield, CA 93303
Scholarship award recipients will be notified within eight (8) weeks of the application deadline or at the earliest convenience of the KC SHRM board.
Thank you for your interest in advancing your knowledge in the Human Resources profession.