The Chief Human Resources Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer as a valued executive team member. You will own the Human Resources function and teams, as well as acting as the voice of people for all of KHS. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer include talent acquisition, talent and organizational development, HCM/HRIS, benefits and employee wellbeing, and learning & development.
We will look to you to partner with peer executives and other key leaders to advance the people strategy and initiatives. This role focuses on aligning people practices with its goals, encouraging an inclusive and high-performance culture, and promoting employee engagement and development. The CHRO will strategically organize and lead the delivery of Human Resources services to operations that provide management with the support to effectively achieve organizational and employer-of-choice goals.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic People Leadership
Assess and energize a comprehensive people strategy aligned with the organization’s overall business strategy. Provide thought leadership on key people issues, including talent acquisition, talent management and engagement, DEIB, organizational design, and HCM. Draft and implement HR departmental budget as well as provide significant input on staffing planning and budgeting across the organization.
Human Capital Strategy
Enhance current HR infrastructure to sustain effectiveness and deepen HR expertise with a focus on balancing customer outcomes with employee engagement and productivity through:
- Building industry employer-of-choice culture.
- Refining and developing metrics and programs for recruiting, onboarding, and retaining employees.
- Creating scalable, best-in-class HR model and processes.
- Leveraging HRIS to maximize human capital capabilities and efficiencies.
- Minimizing human capital risk and exposure liabilities.
Collaborate with executive leadership, department heads, and managers to understand their strategic objectives and proactively see opportunities to improve organizational performance through effective people practices. Serve as a trusted advisor and influencer, providing mentorship and support on people-related matters.
Talent Acquisition and Management
Oversee the talent acquisition process, liaising with the recruiting team to attract, assess, and hire top talent. Create and implement strategies for talent management, organizational planning, performance management, and employee development. Ensure the organization has the right people in the right roles to achieve its goals. Enable L&D team to develop and integrate effective, powerful training and education across the organization.
Champion an inclusive and engaging work environment that supports employee satisfaction, well-being, and efficiency. Develop and lead initiatives to improve employee experience and strengthen the organizational culture. Implement effective communication strategies to keep employees advised and engaged.
HR Operations and Compliance
Ensure the HR function operates smoothly and efficiently by establishing and developing HR policies, procedures, and systems. Stay abreast of legal and regulatory changes and lead compliance with labor laws, employment practices, and industry standards. Oversee employee matters, investigations, and conflict resolution.
Drive data-driven decision-making by using HR analytics and metrics to assess the efficiency of people programs and initiatives. Provide insights and recommendations to senior leadership on trends, opportunities, and challenges related to workforce planning, talent development, and overall organizational performance.
Leadership and Team Development
Strengthen and guide an impactful HR department, providing mentorship, coaching, and professional development opportunities. Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture that values diversity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressive leadership experience in HR management, preferably as an SVP or VP, culminating with oversight of a sophisticated and cohesive HR organization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR gold standards, employment laws, and regulations.
- Analytical approach to apply HR metrics and data to drive insights and decision-making.
- Demonstrable ability to influence and partner with executives and leaders to drive organizational change and achieve strategic objectives.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to build and empower impactful teams.
- Ability to optimally engage and collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong discernment and understanding of industry trends and challenges.
- Professional certifications such as SPHR, SHRM-SCP, or equivalent are preferred.
Please visit our careers page at Chief Human Resources Officer – Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)